Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Video Games Live

I was browsing the ever addicting facebook just now and came across an ad that actually caught my attention. I know it's after this class ends, but I wanted to give a heads up to those who might be interested. I'm certainly going.

It's called Video Games Live, performed by the Dallas Symphony Orchestra on June 11-12. It features music from the most popular video games, everything from Frogger and Zelda to Wacraft and Halo.

Being a gamer myself, I was immediately sucked in. I'll be interested to see how a full orchestra interprets the game music. I know in the very old games, the music was limited to midi files, which did the job, but not very well. Hearing the melodies fully developed will be exciting.

Here's the link for it if anyone else is interested.
http://www.dallassymphony.com/Ticket/ProductionDetail.aspx?perf=17324&selected=800

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, thanks for posting this! If I am free, I am definitely going to attend as well.

    ReplyDelete